Switching some (or all) of your business functions to the cloud is an increasingly popular trend thanks to the increase in flexibility, security and scalability that cloud solutions offer. While these services seem great in theory, the implementation and execution of them can easily overwhelm even the most tech-savvy business owner. Read on for Keeran Network’s tips on how to start moving your company to the cloud.
Why Make the Switch?
Switching to cloud computing opens up a number of possibilities for your business, including:
- Access anywhere! Access all your important data, wherever you might be. All you need is an internet connection.
- Peace of mind. Many cloud companies provide excellent backup services. This means you no longer have to worry about losing everything if your hard drive crashes.
- Reduce costs. Certain cloud solutions can help small businesses decrease their software and other computing costs. For example, Microsoft Office costs $199 while Google Drive is free.
Where To Start?
So you’re ready to start making the move over to cloud computing solutions - but where do you even begin? Below are a few considerations to keep in mind:
- Start small. Don’t move over an application that is critical to your business right away. Start with something like your intranet, or other internal application to give yourself a bit of a buffer! Similarly, cloud computing is a different way of working - one that not all employees will embrace right away. By staggering your implementation, you give everyone time to adjust to the new systems.
- Ask questions! When researching different cloud computing solutions, make sure you’re getting the right solution for your business. Some common questions to consider are:
- Does the cloud vendor give me the level of security my business requires?
- Can the service scale to meet my needs as my business grows?
- Can I export data in standard formats (ex. Word, Excel, etc.)? This will make sure it’s still easy to share documents with clients or other people who might not be using the same service.
- Talk to an expert. Keeran Networks offers cloud computing service that can be customized to suit your business’ needs. Our team will ensure that you have the right infrastructure in place, and that your transition to the cloud is seamless.
Interested in learning more? Give us a call today and chat with one of our representatives; we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have.