Keeran Networks is a rapidly growing Managed Services Provider headquartered in Edmonton. We have an excellent team, a great work environment, and wonderful clients to work with. We are currently seeking a full-time Project Specialist (Tier 3) to be based in our Edmonton office.
As a Managed Services Provider, we tend to be exposed to more technologies than most internal IT positions, and we certainly support a broader variety of network environments. The pace and demands of our environment are also much greater than an internal IT position. The successful candidate will be a highly organized individual who is a great communicator.
• Developing labour scopes for new projects
• Scoping/approving hardware for new projects
• Delivering professional services projects including:
• Server deployment and migrations
• Cloud deployments and migrations (Azure, Office 365)
• Networking equipment deployments
• Line of Business software deployments, migration, upgrades
• Mentoring junior staff on the delivery of entry-level managed services projects
• Experience with configuring Azure network resources subnet/gateway/expressroute
• Experience architecting Microsoft cloud security products including Advanced Threat Protection products, Enterprise Mobility & Security
• Experience with Teams Calling deployments
• Strong knowledge in Microsoft licensing
• Fully documenting all deployed projects
• Communicating with clients on project timelines and providing regular status reports
• Ensuring that projects are driven through to 100% completion – the difference between 99% and 100% is significant to long term project noise
Skills and Qualifications
• Education: 2-4 years of relevant study and diploma preferred, but relevant work experience can be a substitute
• Preference will be given to candidates who have previous been employed at a Managed Services Provider
• At least 5 years of experience in a System Administration role
• Experience with Windows desktop and server support and networking
• Strong and effective oral and written communicator
• Strong time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
• Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential
• Microsoft certifications are highly desirable
• Moderate Linux experience (not a major part of the role, but useful)
• Must hold a valid Drivers’ License
Job Type: Full-time
Masks required on all client sites, masks and hand sanitizer provided, limited in office workers.
As a Managed Services Provider, we tend to be exposed to more technologies than most internal IT positions, and we certainly support a broader variety of network environments. The pace and demands of our environment are also much greater than an internal IT position. The successfully candidate will be a highly organized individual who is a great communicator.
To apply, fill in the form or send your resume along with a cover letter to: JoinTheTeam@keeran.ca
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.