Reports To: Service Manager
- Service Coordinator
- Help Desk Technician, Tier I
- Field Technician
- Help Desk Technician, Tier II
- Network / Systems Administrator
The HDTL’s time will break down as follows:
17% - Completing tickets
33% - Handling escalations
50% - Coaching, mentoring and conducting one-on-ones
- Ownership of key Help Desk metrics such as CSAT score, ticket delta, stale tickets, and tickets over 7 days with assistance from the Service Coordinator.
- Providing leadership, management, and accountability to all direct reports (approximately 7 people).
- Reinforce the company’s core values within the help desk team (and by giving kudos).
- Coaching direct reports to grow in their skillsets and providing a clear career progression path.
- Ensure that staff are happy in their jobs and have a pleasant work environment.
- Maintain high team morale to ensure low staff turnover.
- Assist with hiring members of the Help Desk Team including, but not limited to, the initial review of resumes, phone interviews, booking interviews, first-round interviews to vet talent for technical positions within the company and make hiring decisions within the approved overall help desk budget.
- Ensure timesheets are complete with help of the Service Coordinator.
- Regular review of completed tickets recorded phone calls, and written correspondence with clients to ensure that high standards are being maintained, and team members are coached as needed.
- Send surveys to clients for completed tickets.
- Follow-up with clients on negative or neutral surveys. After gathering the facts, address the survey with any staff involved to ensure better results going forward.
- Act as an escalation point for after-hours emergency tickets that aren’t acknowledged by the on-call technician in a timely fashion.
- Travel to conferences/industry peer group meetings whenever needed.
- Ensure tasks are properly documented, and documented procedures are followed.
- Oversee the dispatch process and make sure that tickets are meeting established service level agreements.
- Maintain (and create/redesign) metrics and target goals to observe and repair problem areas of the Help Desk.
- Create and document processes, policies, and procedures that the help desk follows and redesign if needed to hit target metrics and goals.
- (LMA) Provide technical mentorship and assistance on issues and act as the party that decides on escalation necessity and path.
- (Path of Communication) Provide insight on issues outside of the scope of technicians and decide on the best path to lead the issue to completion.
- Act as an intermediary between the help desk department and other departments in the company including senior management
- Audit completed tickets for key information to ensure that the ticket has been completed successfully and the ticket handling process was followed in its entirety.
- Daily ticket review with the Help Desk Technicians to uncover roadblocks and assist in moving the ticket forward in the completion process.
- Conduct monthly one-on-ones with the Help Desk members to review the past month’s issues and achievements, track progress towards goals, set new monthly goals and targets, and plan for the future.
- Conduct daily morning huddles to pinpoint problems and create solutions, share news, increase morale, motivate and celebrate achievements as a team.
- Other management and technical tasks as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communicator – both verbal and written.
- Experience with Windows desktop and server support and networking at a tier 2 level
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- 2 years of experience in a leadership position
- Experience working in a managed service provider is desired.
- Relevant education: 4-year degree or equivalent experience.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Strong time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- A professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
• Experience in the computer services industry
• Well-developed interpersonal customer service and relationship building skills
• Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook Personal Attributes
• Good oral and written English-language skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• An ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• The ability to work under pressure and to prioritize work effectively
• Attention to detail
• Self-motivated, energetic, and reliable with a positive disposition
• An acceptance of, and commitment to work according to, the organization’s policy