If you're a small or medium-sized business (SMB), you may have limited resources and budget to manage your IT infrastructure. You may also face the challenge of finding skilled IT professionals to maintain and secure your network, servers, and devices. That's where co-managed IT services come in as a viable option to help you bridge the gap between in-house IT and outsourcing.
What are co-managed IT services?
Co-managed IT services refer to a collaborative model of IT support where an external IT provider works with your internal IT team to complement their skills and capacity. Co-managed IT services are not a replacement for your IT staff, but rather an extension of their capabilities. The idea is to leverage the expertise and resources of a managed service provider (MSP) to augment your IT department's capabilities and enhance your overall IT performance.
Co-managed IT services can be customized to fit your specific needs and requirements. You can choose the level of involvement and support you need, whether it's for proactive monitoring, security management, helpdesk support, or project planning and implementation. Co-managed IT services can also be flexible and scalable, meaning you can adjust the level of service as your business grows and changes.
What are the benefits of co-managed IT services?
Co-managed IT services offer several benefits that make them a popular choice for SMBs. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Cost savings: Co-managed IT services can be more cost-effective than hiring full-time IT staff or outsourcing all IT services. With co-managed IT services, you only pay for the support you need, and you can avoid the overhead costs associated with in-house IT, such as salaries, benefits, and training.
- Improved IT performance: By working with an MSP, you can tap into their expertise, best practices, and tools to enhance your IT performance. MSPs have a broader view of the IT landscape and can offer insights and recommendations to optimize your infrastructure and workflows.
- Enhanced security: Security threats are a growing concern for SMBs, and co-managed IT services can provide a higher level of security than relying solely on in-house IT. MSPs have dedicated security teams and technologies that can help identify and mitigate cyber risks and vulnerabilities.
- Increased productivity: With co-managed IT services, you can free up your internal IT staff to focus on strategic initiatives and core business functions. MSPs can handle routine tasks and support requests, allowing your IT team to work on more critical projects and innovation.
- Better user experience: Co-managed IT services can improve your end-users experience by providing faster response times, better communication, and higher satisfaction rates. MSPs can offer 24/7 support and multiple channels of communication, such as phone, email, chat, or self-service portals.
How to choose a co-managed IT services provider?
Choosing the right co-managed IT services provider can be a daunting task, but here are some factors to consider:
- Expertise: Look for an MSP that has experience in your industry and understands your specific IT needs and challenges.
- Reputation: Check the MSP's track record and references to ensure they have a proven record of delivering high-quality services and customer satisfaction.
- Flexibility: Make sure the MSP can adapt to your business's changing needs and offer customized solutions that fit your budget and requirements.
- Communication: Clear and frequent communication is essential for a successful co-managed IT services partnership. Look for an MSP that offers transparent reporting, regular updates, and responsive communication channels.
Need some extra IT help for your business? That’s what we’re here for, talk to our team today.