Many growing businesses rely on Wi-Fi for a number of reasons – flexible network coverage, the ease of adding new users and devices, and the ability to quickly get a signal live when moving to a new location.
As today’s workplace increasingly moves to mobile devices (chiefly laptops, phones, and tablets), many workers no longer access the internet through a workstation connected to the network with an ethernet cable.
So with Wi-Fi becoming the primary business network, it’s important that your solution is scalable, secure, and simple to deploy. A hodge-podge system of Wi-Fi routers might work for very small businesses, but you’ll soon realize the limitations when you start to take on more staff and more technology.
And this is where Cisco Meraki can help.
What exactly is Meraki?
In 2012, Cisco bought a company called Meraki for $1.2 billion US dollars. Why? Meraki had developed cloud-managed Wi-Fi and device management tools and had proven the concept by deploying these services to University Campuses, corporations and small and medium businesses.
Seeing this potential, Cisco acquired Meraki with an eye to developing it further. By integrating it with their portfolio of world-class network hardware and servers, Cisco created a cloud-managed Wi-Fi solution that is efficient, scalable, and most importantly, cost-effective.
Because when it comes down to it, many businesses have the same needs as large multi-nationals, even if they are realized on a smaller scale. Cloud management means that your businesses’ entire network can be managed from a centralized online dashboard, and Cisco has designed Meraki to utilize highly efficient protocols that improve speed, responsiveness and security.
And for peace of mind, every Meraki network is backed by at least three independent data centres, practically eliminating downtime and ensuring seamless high availability.
Related Blog: 5 Reasons to Get Your Network Assessed
How Cisco Meraki Makes it Easy to Expand and Manage Networks
The Cisco Meraki cloud platform allows configuration, monitoring, and device management over networks. You are able to better control not only your whole network, but also who has access to what and the overall security of your systems.
- Swiftly and easily expand your network: Cisco Meraki products incorporate multiple network management features that are designed to integrate key elements of the hardware. Combined with cloud management, this means you can add new connection points and devices without the need for additional management hardware.
- Maintain a strong, secure network: Cisco Meraki solutions boast state-of-the-art integrated security solutions including firewalls, dedicated securitys radios in each access point, and the ability to track how much bandwidth your team are using. You can set limits accordingly, all controlled from the cloud interface.
- Ensure systems are up to date: Remotely installing firmware updates to Cisco Meraki hardware is easy, and ensures your networks are always running the latest versions. This enhances security as well as general network efficiency.
- Enjoy lower operational costs: Cisco Meraki solutions are all managed via one interface – the Dashboard – reducing the need to manage separate solutions. By eliminating additional hardware requirements and enabling remote configuration and troubleshooting, a dramatic reduction in hardware spend and time spent on troubleshooting and service calls can be realized
The Meraki Products: Get Started with these Four
Cisco Meraki offers a variety categories of cloud-managed network products, all of which can be enjoyed out of the box.
- Wireless LAN: These are Wireless Access Points (routers) configured for high capacity and offer faster connections, higher capacity (meaning more users per router), increased coverage, and fewer support issues. This is all managed and optimised through a cloud dashboard.
- Security Appliances: Cisco Meraki Security Appliances can be remotely deployed in minutes using zero-touch cloud provisioning. Security settings are simple to synchronize across thousands of sites using templates. Auto VPN technology securely connects branches in 3 clicks, through an intuitive, web-based dashboard.
- Switches: which allow you to quickly and conveniently configure connections and bandwidth for all users, while tracking who is using data, how much and what for.
- Endpoint Management: Unify management and control of thousands of mobile and desktop devices in the secure, browser-based Meraki dashboard. Drive your organization’s mobility initiatives by seamlessly onboarding new devices and automating application of security policies.
Build a Robust Business Network with Keeran Networks
As a Cisco Select Partner, we can set your business up with an affordable enterprise-grade Meraki network that can grow with your business. It’s one of the many tools and solutions we have on hand as an exceptional Managed IT Services provider.
And if you need further proof that your existing network has room for improvement, a network assessment is a first step.