Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS)
Remote work and personal devices are now a part of how we do business. And now, everything can always be secured.
In recent years the issues of how to remove data from personal devices that have been lost/stolen or when an employee leaves have been a complication for many businesses. The solution was to carry 2 phones (inconvenient) at a cost of approximately $1,000 per employee.
Now, Intune is part of Microsoft's Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) suite. Intune integrates with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) to control who has access and what they can access. It integrates with Azure Information Protection for data protection. And can be used with the Microsoft 365 suite of products.
Popular tools including Microsoft Teams, OneNote, and other Microsoft 365 apps to devices are all covered by Intune. This feature enables people in your organization to be productive on all of their devices while keeping your organization’s information protected with the policies you create.
Microsoft Intune Puts You in Control of Your Companies Devices
- Choose to be 100% cloud with Intune, or go hybrid with Configuration Manager and Intune.
- Set rules and configure settings on personal and organization-owned devices to access data and networks.
- Deploy and authenticate apps on devices — on-premises and mobile.
- Protect your company information by controlling the way users access and share information.
- Be sure devices and apps are compliant with your security requirements.
How to Manage Mobile Devices for a Distributed Workforce
When using Microsoft Intune, you may manage devices using an approach that's right for your company's remote work policy.
- For organization-owned devices, you may want full control over the devices, including settings, features, and security. In this approach, devices and users of these devices "enroll" in Intune. Once enrolled, they receive your rules and settings through policies configured in Intune. For example, you can set password and PIN requirements, create a VPN connection, set up threat protection, and more.
- For personal devices, or bring-your-own devices (BYOD), users may not want their organization administrators to have full control. In this approach, you can give users options. For example, users enroll their devices if they want full access to your organization's resources. Or, if these users only want access to email or Microsoft Teams, then use app protection policies that require multi-factor authentication (MFA) to use these apps.
When devices are enrolled and managed in Intune, administrators can:
- See the devices enrolled and get an inventory of devices accessing organization resources.
- Configure devices, so they meet your security and health standards. For example, you probably want to block jailbroken devices.
- Push certificates to devices so users can easily access your Wi-Fi network or use a VPN to connect to your network.
- See reports on users and devices compliance.
- Remove organization data if a device is lost, stolen, or not used anymore.
The highest tier also adds Cloud App security and a number of high-end document management features intended to let administrators protect data at the file level no matter what devices are used to access it. Device location is possible for corporate-owned iOS devices enrolled through DEP and configured in supervised mode. (However, at this time, support for geolocation on other devices is planned for a future release).
Keeping your distributed workforce unified on employees' personal devices is now easier and more secure than ever before. At Keeran, we recognize that each industry faces different IT challenges and has its unique requirements. More often than not, businesses across multiple industries are working with a tight IT budget and an even smaller in-house, overworked IT team. This doesn’t mean that you can’t find IT solutions, which will free up your team’s time so they can focus on your business.
We understand the need for customized business IT solutions, which is why we work with you to come up with the best answers to your challenges without breaking the bank through our KeeranOne stack of services. As a business owner, you may not speak tech but our specialists can balance both the tech and getting to know your business-specific demands with their knowledge of the tech world.
In a day and age where every firm strives toward an environmentally-friendly space, businesses are continuously storing client files and confidential business information on the cloud to save paper. These managed IT solutions allow you to benefit not only your business but can be environmentally friendly as well.
Allowing for a completely collaborative remote environment, your staff isn’t always required to put in the long hours at the office. Work can be done from anywhere, on any device, at any time.
Talk to us to learn more about what is possible with modern remote work tools.